Have you ever seen aerial footage with a film mirror scene and wondered how difficult it must be achieve this kind of effect?
The truth is, it’s simpler than you think! In this example, all you need is a DJI drone, a computer with Adobe Premiere Pro installed and this article as a guide.
Examples of mirror effects
Before we begin, let’s take a second look at some examples of the mirror effect to give you some inspiration.
Combine the mirror effect with the Dolly Zoom function on the Mavic 2 Zoom
This function can also be combined with Hyperlapse, adding a new dynamic to an airplane timelapse.
In the following examples, you can see how the direction of the drone’s flight affects the mirror effect.
Flying towards a scene:
Flying in the opposite direction from a scene:
Impressed? With a few more changes in Adobe Premiere Pro, you can even rotate your movie and show creative angles in your work. By simultaneously rotating the original and duplicating the movie along a line of symmetry, you can achieve impressive results.
Tip: Use a clip in which you zoom out of the frame. This will highlight the cinematic effect. This type of effect is incredibly easy to create with the lossless 4x zoom that is present on the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom.
The post-editing process is easier than you think. Follow these simple steps to implement the mirror effect in your work.
1. Start Adobe Premiere Pro on your computer and import the video into your project.
2. Drag the clip you want to edit onto the timeline and duplicate it by holding down the Alt key and dragging the copied section to another track.
3. Adjusts the movie in the frame according to the position of the mirror axis.
4. Increase the zoom to complete the detail adjustments.
5. For the last step, use the Transform effect to change the width of the scale and get a symmetrical composition.
6. Export your work and watch the brilliant effect on the move!
With these simple steps, you can add an extra creative dimension to your work by showing off your favorite scenes like never before.
Now it’s your turn to prove it!