DJI Avata, Born to Fly
A new form of freedom that comes from the thrill of flight
Follow your instincts, take off now
Feel the thrust from the cockpit
The sky is your world
By pairing Avata with the visor and motion controller, flying will become accessible to everyone. 1 Experience the thrill of total immersion with unparalleled safety and control. Embrace your spontaneity and capture the world around you. Some of us were born to fly.
DJI Avata, where agility meets ruggedness.
Compact and lightweight, DJI Avata is agile even in the tightest of spaces. Every aspect of its design was created to be bold. Thanks to built-in paraelics, if Avata comes into contact with an object, it can bounce back, stay in the air, and keep flying.
DJI Goggles 2, sit in the cockpit.
Enjoy next-level comfort and convenience with DJI Goggles 2. Now smaller, lighter and equipped with micro OLED screens, it will allow you to experience unparalleled clarity as you fly. DJI Avata also supports DJI FPV Goggles V2. 1
DJI Motion Controller, experience the thrill of flight
With the DJI Motion Controller, intuitive flights will be at your fingertips. 1 Pull the trigger and dart forward or turn quickly by twisting your wrist. The controls are intuitive and provide a totally unique way to fly.
The perfect package
DJI Goggles 2 is compact and ultra portable. The foldable antennas and lightweight design make it convenient to store, comfortable to wear, and suitable for long-term use. 2 With a 2-hour battery life and super fast charging speed, you’ll always be ready for immersive flight.
1080p micro OLED screens
Feel every flight with DJI Avata and Goggles 2. The two HD micro OLED screens offer stunning clarity and a refresh rate of up to 100 Hz. 3 The viewer presents a smooth full-screen live feed right in front of your eyes, creating an immersive world of unlimited potential.
DJI Goggles 2 offers diopter adjustment from 2.0 D to -8.0 D to ensure optimized viewing and comfort. p45 Lock the adjustment knob to secure the diopter in place and avoid accidental touches during use or storage.
Epic stunts deserve epic footage, a breakthrough in FPV viewing
Equipped with a 1/1.7-inch CMOS sensor, DJI Avata supports ultra-wide-angle video recording in 4K with f/2.8 aperture. With high-quality imaging performance, it delivers outstanding results that will keep audiences with bated breath.
FOV Super wide-angle
Super wide-angle 155° FOV
Most camera drones offer, at best, an FOV of 84°. DJI Avata takes it a step further with its wide 155° FOV. 7 This new perspective is closer to what we see with our own eyes and will offer an impactful and super immersive view.
Keep your footage stable as you soar with RockSteady 2.0 and HorizonSteady. 8 These cutting-edge technologies open up a whole world of cinematic possibilities, reducing camera shake and ensuring smooth video in ultra HD.
RockSteady actively reduces camera shake in real time.
HorizonSteady locks footage to a level horizon, providing a cinematic effect.
Agile even while editing
Immerse yourself in a world of vivid colors by shooting in D-Cinelike mode. Make your footage stand out with the advanced color grading feature during post processing and turn your creations into masterpieces.
A rugged companion
Avata adopts an innovative new design, made with practicality in mind. It is lighter, compact and easy to carry.
Be bold and fly farther
DJI Avata is rugged, so don’t worry. The durable frame reduces the risk of damage, giving you greater peace of mind. The new channeled aerodynamic design optimizes energy efficiency by allowing an impressive flight time of up to 18 minutes. 9
Fly and explore
Rediscover your surroundings in complete freedom and find incredible new ways to shoot. DJI Avata’s flexibility in every scenario opens up a world of creative possibilities.
Fly where others can’t
Get truly unique footage as you move through branches, under bridges and through narrow corridors, filming in previously inaccessible places.
Should Avata fall toppling over, activate Turtle Mode with a few simple touches and watch it spring right back into action.
More safety, more confidence
Downward obstacle detection system
In addition to the built-in paraeliches, Avata features binocular downward vision and ToF infrared detection for even greater safety. These sensors detect obstacles below and enable Avata to perform low-level or indoor flights. 10
Who said safety is not fun?
Enjoy a worry-free flying experience. The motion controller’s Emergency Brake function button allows you to stop at the touch of a button. And with support for RTH, you get added protection when the battery is low or the signal cuts out.
Experience the thrill of low-altitude flight with Avata and glide low to the ground safely. This, combined with the super-wide FOV, creates an exhilarating and unique perspective.
Stop and stand in an instant
Tap the Emergency Brake button if you encounter a situation that requires a sudden stop. Avata will station on the spot, reducing the risk of potential accidents.
A transmission you can count on
Avata features DJI’s flagship O3 video transmission and 2T2R omnidirectional antennas to ensure unrivaled stability and responsiveness during flight. Enjoy crisp, smooth real-time viewing in the viewer, even in interference environments.
Max quality of video transmission 12
Max frame rate of video transmission
Min video transmission latency 12
Max video transmission interval 13
Max video transmission bit-rate 14
Video transmission coding
* When using DJI Goggles 2 in an interference-free outdoor environment.
Master your moves
DJI Avata is compatible with multiple remote control devices, each of which unlocks different possibilities. The flight simulator is perfect for honing your skills or trying out our different control modes, which will offer enriched visual effects and new opportunities.
Fly in manual mode with DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 to unlock advanced flight movements, stable photo effects, and a diverse visual language for shooting. 15
Practice makes perfect
The DJI Virtual Flight app is applicable to both computers and smartphones and contains an incredible variety of simulated scenarios. 16 You can practice indoors or outdoors, perfect your flying skills and become an experienced pilot step by step.
* Before each flight, learn about all local laws and regulations.
** When flying indoors, some functions may be limited due to insufficient lighting, no GPS signal, or lack of space.
*** Data acquired with a DJI Avata production model in a controlled environment. Actual experience may vary depending on the environment, method of use, and firmware version.
**** All videos and photos on this page were taken in strict compliance with local laws and regulations.
- DJI Avata is compatible with DJI Goggles 2, DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, and DJI FPV Goggles V2.
- The user and viewing experience may vary from person to person.
- The refresh rate of the screen changes with the frame rate of video transmission. It can select between 100 Hz and 60 Hz to match the current video transmission frame rate.
- DJI Goggles 2 does not support astigmatism correction. For specific visual needs, consult your doctor before use.
- Viewing experience may vary.
- 4K/60fps video does not support 4:3 aspect ratio and only supports 16:9 aspect ratio.
- The 155° FOV is available only when the aspect ratio is 4:3 and video recording specifications are 2.7K at 50/60fps or 1080p at 50fps/60fps; aspect ratios are 16:9 and video recording specifications are 4K at 50/60fps, 2.7K at 50/60fps or 1080p at 50/60fps.
- HorizonSteady is only available in Normal FOV Mode with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and video recording specifications of 4K at 50/60fps, 2.7K at 50/60fps or 1080p at 50/60fps. RockSteady is not available when the video recording specification is 2.7K at 100/120fps or 1080p at 100/120fps.
- Data acquired in stationary flight in an environment without wind or interference.
- DJI Avata supports downward obstacle detection only when used with DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 or DJI Motion Controller in N or S mode.
- The aircraft must maintain a distance of at least 0.25 meters from the ground.
- Data acquired in an interference-free outdoor environment. Video transmission latency varies depending on the viewer. DJI FPV Goggles V2 can achieve up to 810p video transmission. When using DJI FPV Goggles V2 with 810p/120fps video transmission, the minimum video transmission latency is less than 28ms.
- FCC compliant and tested in an interference-free outdoor environment.
- Data captured in an interference-free outdoor environment. Video transmission bit-rate varies depending on operating environments.
- Compatible with DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 and DJI Motion Controller, purchased separately.
- PC client supports Windows operating systems. The mobile client supports iOS 12.0 and later and Android v9.0 and later.
In the box